Friday 28 September 2007

Today in the Bolton News

Fight parking fines
A Readers' Letter
A disabled friend was issued with a parking ticket in Queen Street, Bolton, recently, for parking over the front marking in a disabled bay. My friend could only just fit the car into the bay.

I contacted campaigner Barry Moss, who has appeared in The Bolton News and who provided helpful advice.

My friend appealed and the ticket was withdrawn.

I would urge anyone who feels they have been unjustly issued with a parking ticket to contact Barry.

Do not let the dictators of Bolton Council stuff their coffers with fines.

Peter Seddon, Grove Street, Kearsley

Well done Peter and give my regards to Jannette, I'm glad the advice produced a result, I had no doubt it wouldn't, but with Bolton Councils unlawful parking regime you never know what comes next, but we remain ready for them.

Today in Bolton
Went to the adjudication appeals today at the Holiday Inn in Bolton, the adjudicator was Mr Stephen Knapp who I find to be a fair and knowledgeable adjudicator and apart from a couple I missed and a couple of appellants who didn't turn up and a couple of adjournments it was 100% wins for the other 8, it was a very good day for justice and a bad day for Bolton Council's lawless regime, crime should not be seen to pay, But in Bolton Councils case Crime pays very handsomely indeed.

Barry

No comments: