Monday 10 September 2007

Letter to Chief Executive Bolton Council to apply restitution of penalty charges taken on invalid bays

Dear Mr Harriss, As I have copied emails to your email address you must have read with some concern that all the parking bays mentioned in and around the town centre are invalid as they do not comply with the TSRGD's. if the traffic sign does not exist the contravention cannot occur, despite the rantings of Mr Tony Kelly in the Highways dept, if none of your highways management staff cannot provide you proof of what I am stating then email me and I will point you to the necessary legislation.Under the FOI act I have requested the number of PCN's issued at these bays and the three permit bays in Victoria Square North(1) and Victoria Square South(2). I now ask you as the Chief Executive of Bolton Council to give me a timeframe for the issue of refunds plus interest to the people who have paid the Penalty Charge payments which were issued unlawfully, keeping this money derived from unlawfully issued Penalty Charge Notices is, may I remind you a criminal offence, as is Malfeasance, you were put on notice by me on 5th September 2007, any Penalty Charge Notices issued since then were issued illegally as far as Malfeasance is concerned because you now know the PCN's are unenforceable. After I receive the FOI regarding the amount issued If necessary I will again approach the Police with more evidence of Malfeasance.
Yours Faithfully
Barry Moss
Campaign Against Bolton Council's Illegal Parking Regime

No comments: