Tuesday 15 January 2008

Costs Awarded Against BOLTON COUNCIL


Please click on the page images to read.
This Corrupt Council that is Bolton has had costs awarded against it by NPAS, this may be a first for costs awarded regarding a no contest plea by any council. Bolton Council gave a no contest plea to an appeal regarding Mr John Burns.
I first got involved with Mr Burns when he phoned me for help as he had received a Parking ticket in a Taxi Bay in Knowsley St Bolton. I checked the bay and confirmed the bay did not comply with the TSRGD's. (nothing new there then in Bolton) Mr Burns had already exchanged several letters with the council who gave the two fingers to him basically saying we want our £60, John came down to my house and we spent a few hours compiling a defence, we had got the info back from NPAS giving the date of the appeal and a copy of Bolton Councils Defence came the week before appeal day. Then with just days to go Mr Burns received a letter from NPAS informing him that Bolton Council had put in a NO CONTEST plea so there was no need to go to appeal, a victory but an Hollow one, it transpires that this Corrupt Bolton council found out I was involved and didn't want to take me on because they knew they would lose the appeal. I phoned NPAS and asked for what reasons did the council enter a No Contest plea, they said the Council gave no reasons, at this news I put the wheels in motion for a review to force the council to the appeal procedure, I knew this could not happen but it laid the foundations for a costs award for not revealing a reason for No Contest plea, I again wrote to NPAS on behalf of John asking for cost and damages for stress and anxiety about £200, but they said they would not allow an award for damages and if a realistic amount was submitted he would look at it. I entered £46 for Johns costs and submitted this and on Saturday John received this enclosed important letter from Mr Stephen Knapp informing him that costs had been awarded against Bolton Council of £46, this is one in the eye for this corrupt council and hopefully others who read this can take heart that Councils cannot take an appeal to the wire then suddenly back out without giving a reason, and expect not to be punished, Thank you Mr Knapp.
If you require a copy of the decision in PDF format please reply to this blog leaving your email address and I will send the PDF to you. or email me at bmoss@ntlworld.com.






No comments: